Nothing can be the reminder of how much we depend on the presence of our bloglandia friends quite as acutely as a computer crash (and burn!). Mine had been balking at an overload of photos ... about 9,000 ... and finally just said "NO MORE." Three days later, all has been remedied and I'm catching up .
What a delight to find that Miss Catherine, at A Thousand Clapping Hands, had bestowed my little blog with a lovely award , A Superior Scribbler - no less. Gotta say , that concept made me giggle as I started this blog as images only and just recently started scribbling.
As with many blog awards, it comes with the requirement that I post the links and rules, along with my choices for the award.
- Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass the Award on to 5 most-deserving Blog Friends.
- You must link to the author and name of the blog from where he/she has received the award.
- You must display the Award on your blog and link to THIS POST, which explains the Award.
- Each blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add your name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, they will be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this prestigious honor.You must post these rules on your blog.
- Each recipient must post these rules on his/her blog.
And My Winners' Are
Tara at Paris Parfait
Leau at Look What Leather Lips Sees and Says
Judith at Paris Atelier
Vicki at French Essence
Ruth Rae at My Creative Soul
Heartfelt Thanks .. .. .
to each of you for enriching my world by
sharing beautiful glimpses into your worlds
A little note on the Valentine Hearts above.
These were done last year, as part of my Recycling frenzy. I'd always loved the designs on our local Trader Joe's grocery store bags; so, I cut little hearts out of various pieces of the images on the bags - then embellished and layered the hearts with a bit of golden tulle and stitched them on black cardstock. These little ( 2.5 x 3.5 inches) cards were then hung on some apple tree branches as my Valentine centerpiece.