5.26.2009

Get a Grip::Make Something

I'm feeling scattered ... .. . . a lack of focus.
(Do you ever get that way???)
Lots of ideas - but nothing to show for it.

I shall write myself a prescription:

1. Organize photos and art materials.
2. Sit down in the studio -
cut and glue and stitch and paint,
for at least an hour a day.



Make some art .. . .
NOW
___________________________

I shall return when I can post something which I've
actually C R E A T E D ... . .

hope to see you soon!
__________________________

[photos copyright Judith Thibaut]
Mixed media collage : Judith Thibaut

7 comments:

ceecee said...

This is such a coincidence. I've given myself nearly the same 'prescription'. To get in there and work everyday, a few hours a day. Time is ticking on and I'm so easily distracted. Wishing you lots of inspiration.
Catherine

Sanity Fair said...

Does this sound familiar. The list is the best way to handle it - write it all down and prioritize.

Tristan Robin said...

I always work in spurts and stops.

I will make stuff like crazy for a couple months. Then will go for a couple months just letting ideas brew and collect supplies. Then go on another creating spurt.

I know that if I go too long without making anything, I get cranky.

Hope you break through your stalemate!

Tess Kincaid said...

Ooo...nice piece! And excellent advice. We all feel like that from time to time, don't we? I sure hope it's not just little old me. I call it being in a "muddle"!

paris parfait said...

Scattered? Oh yes, all too often. So I decided to try to focus on one thing at a time and I seem to be getting more accomplished that way. Looking forward to seeing your creations! xo

Caterina Giglio said...

scattered? yes, yes, and your prescription is the same one I use. just do it. we have actually been published in the same Sew issues and I have meant to email you and wish you the best, and then I just found you on line today by serendipity! have a happy studio day!

vicki archer said...

See you soon I am sure...xv