11.12.2011

Tina Chow :: A Personal Remembrance

As an admirer of Tina Chow, I was thrilled to find her stunning jewelry in Bergdorf Goodman's in the mid 80's
and promptly purchased a Rutilated Quartz Temple ring.

Several months later I ran into her, told her how much I was enjoying the ring and asked what she thought
about wearing it as a pendant.
  She loved the idea and insisted that it should only be worn on a silk cord handwoven by her favorite weaver in Tokyo. Within a few weeks an envelope of handmade paper
arrived bearing the cord and a dear note from Tina.

After all these years ... . ring, silk cord and note
retain a place of honour on my desk.


______________________________________
Collage by studio Judith

3 comments:

Paul Gervais de Bédée said...

Interesting work, very smart! My compliments and thanks for stopping by my blog!

ceecee said...

I remember her beautiful stones hanging from cords...and somewhere I have some great photos from a magazine. If I come across them I'll scan them and send them to you. How wonderful that you have one of her pieces. This is a lovely tribute.
Thank you, thank you for your kind words and your thoughtfulness, J. It meant so much.
Catherine

Heavens2Betsy said...

Fabulous imagery and a lovely tale. I literally whoop with delight when I see you have a new post! Thanks for coming to visit. penny