9.29.2010

Gertrude Reflects



Cecil Beaton often photographed the elegant and the glamorous
whilst gazing over a shoulder into a mirror. There seems to be an
indication that their beauty was simply too much for a single
image ... . . or was it an acknowledgment that we should all
take a moment to reflect occasionally ?

Whatever the intention -
He seems to have captured Gertrude Lawrence
in a reflective questioning moment.

My simple answer to that question.
Yes, Gertrude, you look divine.

__________________________
Digital collage by me.

6 comments:

David Toms said...

I love Beaton's 'mirror' photographs! And yes gertrude looks simply divine!

ceecee said...

Double the beauty of Gertrude. Love this one, too.
Catherine

My Castle in Spain said...

She does look divine....and so does Ruth...Congratulations to you Judith for your mention in Be@home !
xoxo
Lala

Leau said...

it's all wonderful...reflection? hum...learning something new about myself? It wouldn't be this glamorous! love what you do and share...smooches

Linda Sue said...

If i were a Gertrude i would want to double myself for sure especially in such a sleek gown...I love the safety pin, I am thinking that maybe Gertrude is not entirely well put together and has to use a safety pin to keep from tripping on her ragged hem...Perfection is an illusion afterall!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.