6.28.2010

Stanford Visits Sarasota :: circa 1941

Stanford had long heard of the Sunday beach picnics of
the Sarasota Birdwatcher Society .. . .
he hesitated as he stepped up to introduce himself -
and
wondered if they would welcome him . . .




____________________________
** Still not officially back in bloglandia - RealLife continues
to interrupt - but, Stanford insisted on dropping
by for a quick hug & hello . .. . . .

____________________________
Vintage photo: Shorpy
Digital art : moi

10 comments:

Christine H. said...

Oh, this is the best one yet. Truly suitable for framing.

David Toms said...

At the moment these happy go lucky picnicers are completely unaware of Stanford's presence.

Ingrid Mida said...

Your art always makes me smile Judith. Hope all is well and I'm sending a hug your way!

alaine@éclectique said...

Hello Judith; greetings from Oz! I adore that shot of the old dears on the beach and loved your dream holiday to Necker Island!

I know I'm not up with it as I haven't visited for a while; do forgive all! Mwah! xa

Merisi said...

I wonder how those folks reacted when Stanford gracefully picked the best delicacies out of their picnic basket! ;-) I hope their dessert was safely stowed in the car.

Chrisy said...

Hello Sweetie, Stanford is a treasure...what fine taste he has...bet those birdwatchers were terribly excited to meet him! Hope you're well dearest. Am thinking of you and sending my love...

Linda Sue said...

I hope those picnikers give him a nice bug sandwich.

.Trudi Sissons said...

great fun with how you've mucked with the perspective and I'm always amused with your changing flights of fancy!

vicki archer said...

He is very cute......I hope you are enjoying the summer, xv.

paris parfait said...

So clever! And I love your banner. Hope you're having a lovely holiday.